Friday, November 3, 2017

DINNER WITH THE ARCHBISHOP - ARCHBISHOP GORDON THAT IS!

ARCHBISHOP (ELECT) JASON GORDON
Archbishop of Trinidad and Tobago




Archbishop Jason Gordon got me involved in the Caribbean Missions over three years ago when he was bishop of both Barbados and St. Vincent and the Grenadines. He has recently been elevated to be the Archbishop of the Archdiocese of Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago. 

He always stays at my house when he visits his seminarian, Kirt Prospere, at St. Meinrad Seminary. I always stay at his house when I go to Barbados or pass through on my way to St. Vincent and the Grenadines. When he is in town, I try to invite a few mission supporters each time to dinner.




My friend Chef Dean Corbett and myself volunteering at Nazareth Home.














A few more people who were not there last time. Next time some more new people. Interested in an invitation?



I invited Father Bob Gray over for coffee Friday morning. He's a neighbor - and an old teacher of mine from St. Thomas Seminary.




We stopped in at the Episcopal Home to visit my friend Patricia Kirchdorfer. .





We made a stop at Supplies Over Seas to talk about another container of surplus medical supplies for the islands.



Standing under the Barbados flag at S.O.S. Bishop Gordon was recently the bishop of Bridgetown, Barbados. He is still the administrator until a new bishop is selected. Bishop Gordon will become the Archbishop of Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago on December 27.



We made a stop at Tonini's on Breckenridge Lane to order a few things for his installation as Archbishop of Port of Spain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment