Tuesday, July 10, 2018

WHAT I WANT MOST IN LIFE





Related image

I do not fear physical death as much as spiritual and emotional death. I fear reaching a day when I no longer care about what I am doing - the day when my life quits meaning anything to me, the day when I am irritated at my own life! No matter how old I get, I want a heart that's "on fire!" I don't just want to be a priest (noun), I want to priest (verb)!






I dread to see a day when I wake up without passion in my heart to become the best version of myself possible!




I never want to wake up deciding that "just doing enough to get by with will be enough today!" I want to try to do my best and be at my best every day! 





I like to be liked, but I will not be held back by people who dislike me! Unless I have done something deliberately to hurt them, I try to understand it as their problem, not mine! 



I am quite often afraid, but I refuse to let fear run my life! 




As long as I live, I want to see how far I can take myself with God's grace! 





I enjoy taking the road less traveled, doing more things than is expected of a person like me and creating imaginative new realities for others to enjoy!




I understand that the life I want for myself depends very much on me and the choices I make! If I am a victim, I am mostly a victim of my own laziness, fear and cowardice. 





I love the thought of trying to be "too big for my britches!" 




I have tried to believe, that with God's help, anything is impossible! 




As I look back over my life, I am simply amazed and eternally grateful for the abundance God has provided to me, and hopefully through me, to the people around me. 



The tragedy of life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal.
The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach. 
It isn't a calamity to die with dreams unfulfilled, but it is a calamity not to dream...
It is not a disgrace not to reach the stars, but it is a disgrace to have no stars to reach for. 
Not failure, but low aim is sin. 

Benjamin Elijah Mays

No comments:

Post a Comment