Tuesday, December 4, 2018

A POWERFUL QUOTE FOR OUR TIMES



Carlo Corretto was an Italian religious author of the
congregation of the Little Brothers of the Gospel.
Born: April 2, 1910
Died" October 4, 1988
How much I must criticize you, my Church, and yet how much I love you! How you have made me suffer and yet how much I owe you. I should like to see you destroyed and yet I need your presence.
You have given me so much scandal and yet you have made me understand holiness. Never in the world have I seen anything more obscurantist, more compromised, more false yet never have I touched anything more pure, more generous or more beautiful. 
How often I have felt like slamming the door of my soul in your face - and how often I have prayed that I might die in your arms! No, I cannot be free of you, for I am one with you, even though not completely you. 
Then, too - where should I go? To build another? But I cannot build another without the same defects, for they are my own defects I bear within me. And again, if I build one, it will be my Church, and no longer Christ's. 
Carlo Corretto


No comments:

Post a Comment