Thursday, January 27, 2022

THE ALPS: SOME OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PLACES ON EARTH

Between 1971 - 1976, I had five opportunities to travel by car, and with a backpack and tent, through the Alps of Austria, Switzerland, southern Germany and northern Italy. I was there mostly during five summers but one more time by train during the winter snows. I will never forget the sights, sounds, foods, smells and cleanliness of those little towns and villages. 

Here is an extended visual tour of the Alps and its villages with music. The Alps have to be the most beautiful place I have ever visited. I am so happy I got the opportunity to do that when I was young. This video brings back so many of those memories even today. 

The video is over three hours long. If you don't have time, you don't have to watch the video all the way through in one sitting, just listen to the music and glance over every once in a while.  Imagine yourself driving through those mountain villages. I guarantee you'll want to go see them for yourself! 

For full effect, be sure to expand the video to "full screen" or even run it through your TV if you are set up to do that! 


      

 

No comments:

Post a Comment