Friday, November 24, 2017

A PERFECT REMINDER



HAPPY THANKSGIVING? 
I don't think so! 


This a "selfie" I took on Thanksgiving Day. I was laid up with what seemed to have been a mild case of the flu. I was not a happy camper. I didn't bother to get dressed. I was absolutely miserable and spent so much time in bed that I ended up with a terrible headache. 

Believe it or not, these episodes are often intense religious experiences for me. They are painful reminders when I tend to forget how fortunate I am to be in good health, when everything works and when I feel normal.  

When I really think about it, I am actually thankful for these painful reminders. After all, it was just the flu. After all, it lasted only a few days. After all, I had no one depending on me during "this time out." After all, I was totally free to be sick for a couple of days without much inconvenience to myself or others. 

Instead of complaining, I  said a prayer for those who have chronic health issues, those who have terminal diseases and those who are wracked with excruciating pain each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment