Saturday, November 17, 2018

AN ODD KIND OF FUN



YEAH! ITS TIME TO CLEAN HOUSE


Image result for house cleaning gif

With all the priest retreats and parish missions behind me for the year, I am so excited about staying home and cleaning house! Now you might think that is tedious and boring, but not for me! I have always done it as a priest over the holidays, but since I have retired, I will enjoy it even more. 
I have four four-drawer filing cabinets that I plan to pare down to one. I have already gotten rid of over one hundred obsolete books that I have been dragging around for years. Now all that correspondence and schedules and old airline tickets, from over a hundred priest retreats and texts for speeches that I have in the computer anyway, are headed for the shredder! Who needs old health insurance papers on insurance I longer carry? Who needs the operating manuals on refrigerators, vacuum cleaners and wash machines. I no longer own? It has always been easier to stick more into the same "appliance folder" than it is to clean out the folder! 
Clothes! I have clothes that are too small for me and clothes that are to big for me - clothes that I haven't worn for years. It's time I get rid of them. If I need a new shirt I will go get one, not rummage through racks of old shirts that I have long since found unwearable. 
Actually, I find it relaxing to "clean house" and it always makes me feel so much better to go into a new year feeling lighter and thinner! It's time to turn up the music, get out the garbage bags and have a good time!





Don't think about calling me! 
All this applies to my house only! 

No comments:

Post a Comment