Friday, December 11, 2015

December in the Mission Daily Diary - DAY FIVE

DAY FIVE - Friday, December 11, 2015

MEET "NIGGY"



The day  would not begin without "Niggy," a local street person, showing up at the kitchen window for his daily buttered bread and coffee with lots of milk, The next step is always the battle over why he is not also given money or cigarettes. He is a simple, charming and funny little man with a good sense of humor. Everybody seems to know him and love him. 




Chaos in the kitchen as we all try to cook our own breakfasts.



DEACON DISCERNMENT RETREAT CONTINUES





Group Mass in the Tiny Chapel
(Again, Fergal is taking the photograph.)


That's  Fergal, our photographer, on the right.


A view from the balcony of the Pastoral Center where we are holding our retreat. 

A View of the Center of the Island.


Lucy's Version of Discernment.


Most of us in the group are retired, so for many of us this "new thing" we are setting out to do is certainly a scary "new trick" for us "old dogs."

THE END

The retreat ended about an hour ago - 4:00 pm local time. 
From both ends, the response is this - "I didn't know that to expect, but it was way better than I expected!" They said they learned so much from me and I can say the same thing. I learned so much from them as well. I can't wait to have the time to process all that has happened these past two days. I am going home with a lot to think about. It has certainly been worth my second trip down here. 


No comments:

Post a Comment