Thursday, December 10, 2015

December in the Missions Daily Dairy - DAY FOUR

DAY FOUR - Thursday, December 10, 2015


DEACON DISCERMENT RETREAT BEGINS

Retreat Participants


Ancel Knights

Eardley Martin


Eustace Francis


Fergal Redmond


Victor Hypolite


Volton Hutchinson



"The Group"
(Fergal Redmond (shown above) took the photograph)

You won't believe what we had for lunch! Kentucky Fried Chicken! The cook was out for a holiday so we did what we do at home - we sent out for some fast food! Yes, we could have ordered from Pizza Hut or Subway as well! 


I presented them all with a journal with their name embossed in gold to keep notes during their discernment period. 

SCHEDULE


“CALLED”
DEACON DISCERNMENT RETREAT SCHEDULE
Diocese of Kingstown, SVG
Rev. Ronald Knott, Director

Thursday
 Introduction 
Conference: CALLED
Why was I born? 
What is a call? 
One-to-One (1)
Lunch
Conference: CALLED II
How do I hear my call?
Where will my call lead me?
One-to-one (2)
One-to-one (3)
Conference: CALLED III
The Call of Jesus
Called to Carry On the Work of Jesus 
Mass
Supper
Conference: CALLED IV
God Chooses the Weak and Makes Them Strong: Examples from
Scripture and Church History 

Friday 
Mass
Breakfast
One on One (4)
One on One (5)
Conference: CALLED V
Spiritual Leadership in the Universal Call to Holiness
One on One (6)
Lunch
Conference: CALLED VI 
The Two Arms of the Bishop: Diaconate and thePresbyterate
Made Holy and Making Others Holy Through Your Ministry 
Mass

Farewell and Next Steps

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Regular Visitor 



Father Rex Ramos, a Filipino priest serving on three of the other islands, came in yesterday and stayed the night. I met him the last time I was here. We had a great conversation and got caught up. He told me how he preserves his own sardines and dries fish for himself and to give away. He also showed me on his cell phone a dish of lobster and pasta he made recently. He is quite the fisherman.  I will visit his islands when I come down in February. He will be going back to his islands today. 




No comments:

Post a Comment