Tuesday, December 8, 2015

December in the MIssions Daily Daily - DAY TWO



DAY TWO - Tuesday, December 8, 2015


After being picked up at the airport last night by Seminarian, Omar (see below) @11:00 pm and spending the night at Bishop Gordon's house, having Mass this morning and lunch at noon, I was taken to the airport by the bishop for the flight to the Diocese of Kingstown (Bishop Gordon's other diocese) St. Vincent and the Grenadines.  Here is a shot of the bishop after lunch.

Omar Valmond, originally from Dominica, is one of three seminarians for the Diocese of Bridgetown, Barbados.

Kirt Prospere attends St. Meinrad Seminary 

Carl Philadelphia originally from Guyane


I flew LIAT AIRLINES from Barbados to St. Vincent. I was second to board behind this man.



Landed in Kingstown, SVG, a couple of hours ago.


I was met at the airport by my two Irish volunteer friends, Fergal and Martin.



It is Election Day tomorrow in SVG. Lot's of noisy trucks with megaphones, loud music and signs with condemnations of the other party. Makes me feel right at home!

STAY TUNED FOR DAY THREE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment