Thursday, April 26, 2018

THERE YOU GO AGAIN!



NOTE

I put May, instead of April, on my blog about my sister's funeral. 
It has been a stressful couple of weeks or I am older than I think! 


 ALL SET FOR TRIP # TEN
June 20 - 28, 2028

   

Arriving for the first time at the new airport - on trip six. The old airport was closer to town, but much, much smaller. They are hoping for a direct flight from the USA someday soon.



American Airlines from Louisville to Miami to Barbados.



Usually, I fly from Barbados to Saint Vincent on the dreaded, almost always late, Liat Airlines.



I like going SVG Air from Barbados to Saint Vincent much better if I can get a seat. I was lucky to get a seat again for this trip even though I have to stop on three islands to get there!

The Pastoral Centre of the Diocese of Kingstown, my home away from home. My room has the big blue awning on the left end of the building.



Tea time with Fergal and Martin (from Ireland) my fellow volunteers.



Bishop Gerard County who lives, works and prays in the Pastoral Centre with many of us.



Desmond Telsford is the Renovation Manager/House Manager. I am in regular contact with him and Fergal by e-mail, phone, Skype and WhatsApp.


The view from the deck of the Pastoral Centre where I spend a lot of free time. That's the island of Bequia off in the distance.

 
Another regular view from the deck.

Gin and tonics at the end of the day with Fergal and whom ever we can entice.



The new entry into my headquarters - Catholic Second Wind Guild.



My new bedroom/office while I am in Saint Vincent. There's a lot of J C Penny sale items in that picture! 



The new Saint James Chapel.



The Cathedral of the Diocese of Kingstown, SVG, where I have often had Mass on the weekend.






I will be very glad to see all the, priests, deacons, Sisters and men and women on the Pastoral Centre Staff again who are so good to me while I am there - welcoming me, answering my questions, feeding me and doing my laundry.

So far, I have volunteered in The Bahamas, Trinidad, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Barbados and Saint Lucia.

I hope to make another trip to Saint Vincent at Christmas time. I will most probably go back to Saint Lucia next Lent and make a short trip over to Saint Vincent.

That would make twelve trips all together!

No comments:

Post a Comment