Saturday, May 12, 2018

SO HAPPY TO BE WELCOMED BACK


I now celebrate Sunday Masses again regularly at the Cathedral of the Assumption. 
See my schedule over on the links on the right hand side of this page.


All this happened during my tenure between 1983 and 1997. 
So many wonderful community leaders and parishioners played major parts.


It feels like "home" to be back in that chair. 


New pastor, Father Michael Wimsatt, and old pastor, myself. There were two more between us.


A reception in the Undercroft. 


One of the many "new families" since I was the Cathedral pastor.


A reception in the "prayer garden" behind the Cathedral. 


The old high altar angels retrieved for the new Blessed Sacrament Chapel. 

These angels were restored (one outside in the garden and one in the basement) by my brothers and sisters and I in honor of our parents. I call one of them "Ethel" and the other one "Jim."





 

What the Cathedral looked like around the time of my ordination (1970) - two renovations ago!
Notice how dark it was with the old dark (almost black) stained-glass windows that were installed around the turn of the 19th century. The present clear windows (see top photo) are replicas of the original windows from the time it was built.  



I wonder how many times I have walked down that isle?

No comments:

Post a Comment