Tuesday, June 19, 2018

ANOTHER BOOK COMING THIS SUMMER


BETWEEN COURAGE AND COWARDICE


This summer I hope to finish a new book about  how one can create an amazingly rich and satisfying life through the process of deliberately choosing to do hard things for one's own good rather than constantly seeking one's own comfort and safety. 

It will be an autobiography of sorts tracing many of the decisions I have made, unconsciously at first and later deliberately, that  have led me to some incredible experiences, to some amazing people and to some far-off places that I could never have imagined for myself initially. 

The hero, therefore, is the man or woman who has been able to
battle past his personal and local historical limitations. 
Joseph Campbell

By sharing my own stories, I hope to challenge the prevailing culture that continually seduces us to  avoid any kind of suffering and to always seek the easy way and the road most traveled as the path to happiness and self-fulfillment.  The point is that some suffering is necessary and constructive. To have a full and richly rewarding life, many times you have to actually induce your own labor pains. 

You must do the thing you think you cannot do.
Eleanor Roosevelt 



Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by,
 and that has made all the difference. 
Robert Frost

No comments:

Post a Comment