Wednesday, June 20, 2018

BACK DOWN IN THE ISLANDS - Part One









TRAVEL DAY 
Louisville, through Miami and Barbados, to Saint Vincent

After a two hour delay taking off in Miami, I was sure I had missed my SVG flight to Saint Vincent. But, miracle of miracles and a foot race through the Barbados airport, I barely caught my plane which they held up for us, I got to Saint Vincent around 6:30. Twelve hours isn't too bad! It could have been a lot worse!


American Airlines - Louisville to Miami to Barbados


Maybe I'll get a break this time! 
Well, I didn't! It was yet another super stressful trip!


The SAINT VINCENT AND THE GRENADINES flag. 


SVG AIR makes quick stops at three islands (Bequia, Canuan and Union) before landing in Saint Vincent from Barbados. It takes time, but you get a close-up view of several SVG islands on the way. 



The new airport in Saint Vincent (AIA). The runway is longer than the one at the old airport, but it still appears that you only get one shot at landing and take off! 




Entrance to my newly renovated headquarters. 


A few gifts for the kids have already been sent down (11 boxes in all) - a case of macaroni and cheese boxes, five cases of Betty Crocker chocolate chip cookie mix, several cases of KOOL POPS for the kids computer camp, a hundred or so used ball point pens, cheese and cracker packets, a huge bag of hotel soaps, shampoos and lotions, a coffee maker and coffee pods for me, a used computer, a few little toys, some kids clothes, school supplies and many things I have forgotten. 
A BIG THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE HELPED ME IN THIS EFFORT


It will be a busy time with Masses, a deacon retreat and a few meetings, but I hope to visit Sister Nyra Ann and the kids at the Saint Benedict Home for Children on Sunday and drop of some treats. I want to see how much little Princeton has grown.  He was the first baby down there that I met. He was napping in his playpen. 


I will also visit Sister Zita at the Bread of Life Home for Children on Sunday and drop off some treats for those kids as well. Little Daniel has probably grown a foot taller since I last saw him. 







STAY TUNED FOR MANY NEW PHOTOS OVER THE NEXT WEEK

No comments:

Post a Comment