Sunday, July 19, 2020

MY FIRST PRIEST RECRUIT FOR CATHOLIC SECOND WIND GUILD

 ANOTHER PRIEST HERO
"Father Roy" Arrived in the Islands Yesterday




Father Rayappa Pasala
(Father Ray) 

"Father Ray" is the pastor of St. Joseph's Church in Chappell, Nebraska, in the Diocese of Grand Island. He also serves St. Gall Church in Lisco and Saint Elizabeth Church in Oshkosh. 

I met Father Ray when I led the Priest Convocation last year. After mentioning my work in the Caribbean Missions of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, he became interested. 

Father Ray arrived in the Diocese of Grand Island, Nebraska, on February 3, 2015 on a religious worker visa. He will complete five years this coming June. It is a visa requirement that he leave the US for a while before he can re-enter the US to keep serving in the Diocese of Grand Island. He will serve his time outside the US in the Diocese of Kingstown in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. 

On his return to Nebraska, the Bishop of Grand Island wants him to study Spanish in Mexico for a few months so he can minister to the Spanish speaking communities. 


HERE IS WHAT HE WROTE FROM HIS NEBRASKA PARISH LAST CHRISTMAS TO BISHOP COUNTY 


I arrived at the Diocese of Grand Island from India on Feb 3, 2015 with R1(Religious Worker VISA). I complete serving my priestly ministry in the Grand Island diocese for 5years in coming June 10, 2020. Most Reverend Joseph G. Hanefeldt, Bishop of Grand Island pleased to appoint me as a Pastor of St. Joseph’s Catholic Church in Chappell City, with St. Gall Catholic Church in Lisco, and St. Elizabeth Catholic Church in Oshkosh. My assignment as a Pastor was effective July 1, 2017. It’s immigration requirement that I get out of U.S. for 12 months after serving the diocese for 5 years complete, and then return to the Diocese of Grand Island in June 2021. I will hand over the Parishes to my successor in the first week of June 2020 and planning to continue my priestly ministry with you in your diocese of St. Vincent. I am ready with all the copies of My Visa, Passport, and appointment letters in Grand Island diocese. At your kind response and willingness I will mail to your address all my documents and paperwork.

I am checking with you my Lord whether I have a placement in your diocese for 10 months initially and then help you out later for 10 years also from 2026-2036. Kindly do the needful thing for me to come over to you and work with you in your diocese. I hear many good news from your diocese from Reverend Fr. Ron, (Fr. J Ronald Knott), he visited our Grand Island diocese for a Priest - workshop at North Platte for couple days last year. He did a wonderful job at the workshop and we were grateful for his talks. Great speaker and simple priest. I am planning to be with you. I am ready to serve my priestly ministry wherever you want me to do. My neighbor priest Fr. Michael McDermott, Pastor at Sidney Parish also told me many good things about your diocese. Sidney is 30 miles away from my Parish Chappell. He visited your Cathedral at St. Vincent and he knows the Pastor there. Fr. Mike also told me he met you at your home. I need to apply for a Religious worker Visa from U.S.A to enter St. Vincent.

Most Rev. Joseph G. Hanefeldt, Bishop of Grand Island arranged for me two months Spanish course in Mexico, probably May and June months, 2021 on my return to Grand Island diocese. My contact address is 1049 2nd St, PO Box 586, Chappell, NE 69129-0586 Mobile: +1 3083909796. Email: rayappapadre@gmail.com. Thanking you in anticipation. Merry Christmas my Lord. I hold you up in my prayers. Thank you.

Yours Sincerely in Christ,
Fr. PASALA Rayappa

No comments:

Post a Comment