Thursday, October 13, 2022

RETIRED? WHO? ME?


At age 78 and a half, I am not ready to quit altogether, but I am trying to be more selective about what I say "yes" to these days!  Saying "no" is not something I am "good at" yet, but I am slowly learning. Saying "no" without feeling guilty is new terrain for me.

Since I am still obligated under my "promise of obedience" to the Archbishop, I have actually thought about blocking the Chancery telephone number before the Priest Personnel Board calls me and tries to talk me into taking two, three or four parishes!
Maybe if I stay busy helping out at nice places like the Little Sisters of the Poor, Saint Leonard, Saint Frances of Rome and Saint Theresa, they will leave me alone? It's certainly worth a try, especially if I throw in a few appreciated hospital visits and a family funeral ever once in a while! 

Saying "no" more often does not mean you need to quite saying "yes" altogether.  It's a matter of staying engaged, without getting overwhelmed! It's about doing the things that bring you life and doing the things that lead you to do the things that brings life to others! 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment