Monday, August 17, 2015

My Coffee Shops

SUNERGOS on Preston Street and JACK'S IN THE COMMONS at St. Meinrad

One of the things that I have gotten into the habit of doing since I retired is to meet other people at the coffee shop next to Nord's Bakery on Preston Street. I am probably wrong, but I like to think we are one step up from the old guys who take over McDonald's. Wendy's and White Castle. Here is a shot of the people I run into regularly.The group just "sort of formed."

Mark, Jan (her dog Sophie), me, Phyllis and Gary


Below - a few photos of one of my projects at Saint Meinrad Seminary - a nice coffee and soft-serve ice cream shop, called Jack's in the Commons. The good people at Sunergos on Preston Street in Louisville helped me pick out the equipment we needed for Jack's and Jacks, in return, buy their coffee beans from Sunergos. 



Rea and Tom Clark, donors of the soft-serve ice cream machine in Jack's in the Commons.