Monday, August 17, 2015

Bellarmine Convocation 2015

It is hard to believe, but I began my 16th year as a part-time campus minister at Bellarmine University with our Convocation Mass at St. Agnes Church across the street from the campus on August 16. The placed was packed by the time Mass started. You can read the homily on another post on this blog.
  
Father George, Father Antony, me and Father John. The priests surrounding me are OFM Conventual Franciscans from India helping out in campus ministry at Bellarmine.

Melanie Prejean Sullivan - Director of Campus Ministry on the left and on the right, Karen Shadle - Assistant Director of Catholic Worship and Campus ministry. Thanks to them for all of their help at the convocation.


Regular Sunday Masses at 6:00 pm begin August 23 in Our Lady of the Woods Chapel on campus.


In case you haven't heard, I have a new book coming out - a collection of my baccalaureate homilies. It follows a collection of Sunday night homilies I published a few years ago. A Passion for Personal and Vocational Excellence will available in late August and Sunday Nights is available now at:


A third book The Lord is Close to the Brokenhearted (a collection of homilies from Bellarmine Blue Christmas Masses for the grieving) will be available at Christmas time.