Tuesday, March 27, 2018

GUESS WHAT I AM THINKING CONTEST


MATCH THE PHOTOGRAPHS WITH THE ANSWER LIST
BELOW

A




B


C


D

E


F


G


H


I


J



K


L


M


N


O


P


Q



R



S


T



U



V


W


X


Y


Z



ANSWER LIST


P. Did you say "hospitalized for three days with a blood clot?" I guess this shoots the hell out of my retirement trip to France? 

X. Just to think that while I was pastor of a very small parish in southern Kentucky, the Presbyterans in Chicago starting calling me "doctor" because they call no man "father." 

F. I was driven over to Saint Meinrad, I made a "2010 Distinguished Alumnus Award" acceptance speech and I turned around immediately to be driven home. My rotator cuff surgery and intense reaction to its "pain killing" drug were not obvious, but I was just barely functioning that night. 

A. You've heard of "nuns on a bus?" You've heard of the "pope on a bus." Well, how did I know I'd end up with "bishops on a bus" in Trinidad?

U. It was time to get in the car, after twelve years of preparation, to go to the Cathedral for ordination to the priesthood. 

Z. If I had to adopt a baby, I think I would take this one! His name is Princeton.  

S. Just "hangin' out" in The Vatican Embassy in Trinidad with Cardinal Felix. 

V. Sharing a few words with the Papal Nuncio to Canada before dinner. He is very personable with  a stereotypical heavy Italian accent. I may have met him twice. 

T. Lecturing the priests and bishop of the Diocese of Kingstown on how to work as a team. 

M. You don't need to know what I am thinking!

Q. Should I tell their one and only young priest in the middle of the back row that this ship is going down?

B. Lecturing the Antilles Bishops' Conference all afternoon? Who would have thought?"

W. Schmoozing with the Papal Nuncio to the Antilles. A passionate Italian who obviously loved his job. 

O. Removing the old cataracts, one eye at a time! Here's looking at you, barely!

J. Teaching the new crew about avoiding icebergs and packing their own lifeboats. 

N. There's a big aggravating gnat swarming around me!  . 

K. Surrounded by more poverty than when I was growing up in Rhodelia!

R. Before this flu kills me, I want to thank all of you for not being here to witness it! 

H. If that priest in the stripped shirt "yes, buts me" one more time I'm going to clobber him right here in front of the whole bunch! 

L. An honorary doctorate and commencement speech the same year Archbishop Kurtz got his honorary doctorate and gave his commencement speech? It was probably good I was retired!  

I. A Caribbean fishing  boat with my logo on it, now that's "leaving my mark" in the missions!

G. "Sister, just because you failed me on the altar boy test three times and told me I would probably "never be any good around the altar," doesn't mean I want to hold a grudge on your birthday after all these years!" 

C. I looked right into his eyes and held it as long as I could. I am sure it was against all protocol for a "near god."  

E. They said their flu shot would protect me! I got their flu shot and still got the flu - on Thanksgiving no less! That's the last time I am getting a flu shot at Kroger! 

D. I had no idea nine boxes of donated toys could cause me six months of aggravation and pain - but they still made it - AFTER Christmas!

Y. The day I shaved off my mustache because someone said I looked like Colonel Sanders. 

No comments:

Post a Comment