Saturday, October 31, 2015

Festival of Young Preachers Event

I have taught preaching courses at Saint Meinrad Seminary over the years and I have my Doctor of Ministry degree from McCormick Presbyterian Seminary in Chicago, so I am honored that ....

- I Have Been Asked to Be One of the Sermon Evaluators, 
- Offer A Workshop on the Role of Preaching in Parish Revitalization
and
- Preach At The Closing Dinner at this year's 
Southeast Festival of Young Preachers
at
Louisville Presbyterian Theological Seminary

TODAY


   Southeast

My homily will be entitled: 
"Watch Carefully How You Live" 
from the text:
Watch carefully how you live, not as foolish persons but as wise, making the most of the opportunity.
Ephesians 5:15-20



Here are the young preachers who preached at today's preaching festival.
The one on the far left is a 15 year old Baptist. The one to her left is a Christian and blind. The others were various denominations: United Methodist, non-denominational, Assemblies of God and Episcopal. The 15 year old blind preacher was truly amazing for her age.

I was the "sermon evaluator" for the two below.  Both did excellent jobs.


Amanda Dow, non-denominational.


Keith Turner, Episcopal


I gave the closing homily at the dinner.