Sunday, November 15, 2015

(revisited) Owensboro Three-Parish Mission



SCENES
from
 THE THREE-PARISH MISSION
"SENT TO SHINE"

November 9-11, 2015

"It was a huge success!"


My connection to the Diocese of Owensboro goes way back. My family lived very close to the Louisville-Owensboro diocesan line. If I had not gone to the seminary, I would have attended St. Romuald High School in Hardinsburg. My sister attended Mount St. Joseph Academy for a while and later St. Romuald High School.

Bishop William Medley was my associate pastor at the Cathedral of the Assumption in Louisville for several years. He was a perfect choice for the Diocese of Owensboro. I hope they know how blessed they are to have him!

ALL OFFERINGS ARE GOING TO THE 
SVG MISSION VAN FUND
(see the post below this one) 



Blessed Mother Church - Exterior

Interior of Blessed Mother Church - Night One. I forgot to get a photo of the crowd, but the church was almost full - very much like the crowds pictured below on  the next two nights.

Night Two in the pulpit of St. Stephen Cathedral


Sanctuary of St. Stephen Cathedral with Bishop William Medley's Episcopal Chair in the center.


The crowd at St. Stephen Cathedral during night two. 

In the morning of day three, I gave a staff leadership workshop to the priests and lay leaders of the three parishes at Blessed Mother Church. They are all talented, dedicated and generous leaders in their parishes. 

Sts. Joseph and Paul Church - NightThree


Preaching -Night Three -  Sts. Joseph and Paul


The crowd at Sts. Joseph and Paul - Night Three


Part of the tri-parish choir - Night Three


THANKS!
I would like to thank all those who planned and executed the many details to make this parish mission a huge success! I was so warmly welcomed, people came out in droves and their generosity to the "mission van project" was amazing. A special thanks to the priests of all three parishes who were open to trying a tri-parish mission.  I think it helped them imagine even more cooperative efforts in the future.