Saturday, May 14, 2016

THE END OF AN ERA

BELLARMINE CAMPUS MINISTRY
September 1, 1999 - July 31, 2016



OUR LADY OF THE WOODS CHAPEL

Ms. Melanie Prejean Sullivan and I will have been working together in Campus Ministry at Bellarmine University for almost seventeen years. While Melanie will continue, yesterday I presided and preached at my last Baccalaureate Mass. Today, I said a prayer at my last Graduation. I will be there for an Alumni Mass in June and the Convocation in August, but I celebrated my last regular Sunday Mass last Sunday night.
It is the end of a marvelous era in my ministry as a priest. It would not have been the marvelous experience that it was without her support and encouragement.
To that, I would add my deepest gratitude to Dr. Joseph McGowan, president, Dr. Fred Rhodes, former Dean of Students, and the whole Bellarmine community.
It has been a blessing in my life in so many ways. I am most grateful for that unique opportunity. When I started, I had no idea it would have lasted so long. It was the longest lasting ministry I have ever been involved in and I am the longest serving campus ministry priest in Bellarmine's history.
Truly, it is the end of an era. 

THE LAST GRADUATION



Franciscan Father Antony, Dr. Melanie Prejean Sullivan, Franciscan Fr. John and myself. 
CAMPUS MINISTRY TEAM



Bellarmine Board of Overseers



Acting President, Dr. Doris Tegart



Rev. Dr.  Clyde Crews, longtime faculty member and priest of the Archdiocese of Louisville



Archbishop Kurtz, who received an honorary doctorate, and some dignitaries.



Field of graduates and friends, left



Field of friends and faculty, right




No comments:

Post a Comment