Tuesday, August 16, 2016

CELEBRATING ONE YEAR OF BLOGGING


STARTED AUGUST 16, 2015

ALMOST 24,500 VIEWS IN MY FIRST YEAR




THE IDEAL


THE FEAR


"Blogging could be just a lame attempt at making yourself believe that parts of your dull ordinary life could be fascinating to someone out there!" 
Fr. Ronald Knott


THE REALITY




THE CHALLENGE





THE REASON
The main reason I started  blogging was that I was talked into it. After years of people suggesting it to me and years of unbelief that I could actually learn to create posts, I felt I had to lay the egg or get off the nest. When it became clear that I could communicate several things at once (books, columns, news, travel schedule, homilies, readings, fund raising) with my own blog, I decided to take it on.
  • I can share what I am doing with a number of family members, friends and supporters. 
  • I can showcase the generosity, imagination and good deeds of those around me. 
  • I can advertise my books and create a link right to them.
  • I could, with a simple click,  share my weekly column in The Record with people who don't even get The Record.
  • I can share my homilies with people who want to read them over again after hearing them or with people who would like to read them because they were not there to hear them the first time. 
  • I can tell people about the needs of the church down in the islands where I am volunteering and solicit their help. 
  • I can let people know about my speaking schedule and share information about the church in other parts of our country and around the world.  
  • I can share stories about growing up, shine light on the gifts and talents of people in my past life and share the prayers, quotes and insights of great men and women from the past. 
  • I can make a few people laugh by laughing at myself and the situations within which I often find myself. 
  • I needed something to do with my retirement.
  • I wanted to save postage and I do not like talking on the phone so much. 


No comments:

Post a Comment