Sunday, October 2, 2016

ARCHDIOCESE OF PORTLAND PRIEST RETREAT - PART 1




I AM GOING BACK TO OREGON
AFTER FORTY-EIGHT YEARS



CRATER LAKE NATIONAL PARK



CRATER LAKE LODGE


In 1968, when I was in my third year of theology at St. Meinrad Seminary, I signed up for a United Church of Christ summer program called A Christian Ministry in the National Parks. I was the first Catholic seminarian to sign up for that program that placed seminarians of various denominations as campgound ministers in the national parks. I was assigned to Crater Lake National Park in southern Oregon. Besides being a campground minister on the weekends, I was desk clerk, bartender, wine steward and garbage truck driver. I was the Master of Ceremonies for the Miss Crater Lake Beauty Contest.  I also served at the weekend Catholic Masses. (Yes, the lake really looks that blue!)


THIS TIME
ARCHDIOCESE OF PORTLAND, OREGON
ANNUAL PRIEST RETREAT
October 3-7, 2016



The City of Portland, Oregon


We will be meeting at the Best Western Hotel on Agate Beach, Newport, Oregon 


Agate Beach, Newport, Oregon


Archbishop Alexander Sample, Archbishop of Portland, Oregon



An Ordination in the Archdiocese of Portland, Oregon




St. Mary of the Immaculate Conception Cathedral
Portland, Oregon 

No comments:

Post a Comment