Saturday, November 12, 2016

TEACHING BISHOPS AND PRIEST ABOUT WORKING TOGETHER


Who Knew? 
I Never Could Have Imagined!

It all started with a small green book that I put together at one of the lowest points of my priesthood. I was very distressed and did not know where to turn. I decided to do something positive rather than wallow in misery. I put together a little book and sent a free copy to every bishop in the United States. It was the beginning of something I never could have imagined - invitations to speak to bishops and priests now totaling eight countries. That little book has now been translated from English into Spanish, Swahili and soon Vietnamese. The invitations are still coming. 

That little book was entitled, INTENTIONAL PRESBYTERATES: Claiming Our Common Sense of Purpose as Diocesan Priests (2003)


That book was followed by another related book in 2011


Free copies of this book were sent to all the bishops of the United States, Canada, England, Ireland, Wales, South Africa and Australia - as well as a few to various other countries.  


Addressing the Antilles Episcopal Conference in Port of Prince, Trinidad, earlier this year.




I am in Barbados this week and I am now booking into 2018.
 I hope my health holds up to keep going. 


No comments:

Post a Comment