Monday, December 19, 2016

SANTA VISITS SOME ISLAND KIDS



A GREAT BIG THANK YOU 
TO ALL WHO HELPED WITH OUR PART OF THE CHRISTMAS PROGRAMS FOR SVG KIDS*

*The program is still open. We are doing a children's computer camp this summer. 
jrknott@bellsouth.net  
1-502-303-4571


SANTA'S FIRST STOP ON ST. VINCENT

Santa (Fergal Redmond), Sister Nyra Ann, Bishop County and Adella Knights and Ancel Knights (behind the camera) visited Georgetown on the island of St. Vincent to take gifts to the children there.

Santa will make several other stops at schools and the diocesan Christmas party.  


People who read my Record column, inviting them to help make Christmas special for some kids who may have had to go without presents, were very generous. Here are just a few shots of Santa and a few of the many kids who received presents this year.  

That's my little friend, Daniel, with his tongue sticking out. He wanted me to hold him when I was down there. When I put him down, he latched onto my leg until I had to say, "goodbye." That's him again, below.








Growing up in Rhodelia, I also went barefoot most of the summer when I was at their ages.









Sister Nyra Ann holding one of her charges.



This little one was asleep in a playpen on the shaded porch when I arrived....



....but when he woke up from his nap, I got to be the baby sitter!

SANTA'S SECOND STOP 






Thank you, Sisters! Merry Christmas! 

I wanted to add a personal Christmas gift to the Sisters working on St. Vincent. They are so dedicated and they get very few perks for all their hard work with the kids on the island.



Some of the Sisters greeting the new Bishop County last February.

SANTA'S THIRD STOP 
a related Christmas program with our Santa

These little kids were obviously grateful for their presents even before they opened them!
You can tell from these little faces that Christmas is still a very special time of year down there! 
Oh, how I wish I could have been there! 








Look at all that ice cream! If she drops it, I'll be on it, for sure!"



"We are so excited, we can't stand it!"



"For me! Really?"



"I can't believe it! Just for me?"



"We've been waiting together all year!"



"Thank you so much, Santa!"



"Gimme that present!"




"Yes, Santa, I have been very good!"



"This is so cool!"



"I knew Santa would notice my hat!"



"I'm waiting - patiently!"



"I'll take that!"



"Maybe it's another cool hat!"



"We want identical toys because we are best friends!"




"Pleeeeeaaase!"



"Of course, I've been good! Now hand it over!"



"Whatever it is, it's bigger than I am!"



"I hope it's what I think it is!"



"Why does my brother always go first?"



"See, it pays to be good!"



This little girl was crying because she mistakenly thought Santa had forgotten her!



No comments:

Post a Comment