Sunday, January 29, 2017

INSPIRED BY SO MANY GOOD PEOPLE


IN AWE AT WHAT I HAVE WITNESSED


When I was planning my retirement, there was one thing I was absolutely sure about. I did not want to spend my last years indulging myself.  I wanted my last years to be years of simple living and amazing generosity of time, talent and resources.

I have been living on my part of the Diocesan Retirement Fund and Social Security. In my free time, I have been making money for mission projects in the Caribbean by traveling all over the United States and Canada leading priest retreats and convocations, as well as leading Parish Missions in Kentucky and Florida.

In my retirement, I started a blog (AN ENCOURAGING WORD)  and an organization (CATHOLIC SECOND WIND GUILD).

I want to encourage, inform, connect and involve interested people in creative and unique ministry opportunities by sharing with them what I am doing, by sharing with them what others are doing and by sharing with them what we could do together.


I have been absolutely amazed by the response of people's generosity. We have done so much together in a relatively short amount of time. We are also seeing more and more people joining us in our work in a part of the world that struggles with the basics.


I learned it in the home missions as a young priest - the more generous you are to others, the more generous others are to you!
The more you give, the more you have to give!
It's that simple!
It's the paradox of generosity.


Once in a while, myself and my supporters ask ourselves, "Can I really afford to do this?" The answer always comes back, "Can I really afford not to do this?"
More blessings going out means more blessings coming in!

Jesus was right, "It is in giving that you receive!"


THERE ARE SO MANY GOOD PEOPLE OUT THERE!

I AM CONTINUOUSLY AMAZED AND INSPIRED! 


No comments:

Post a Comment