Friday, February 24, 2017

COMING TO YOUR PARISH OR A PARISH NEAR YOU


THEY ARE LITERALLY FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD

  

One of the programs I started at St. Mienrad Seminary when I was there, was the WORLD PRIEST PROGRAM. This is the latest gathering of international seminarians and priests for a dialogue about entering our United States culture and serving as pastors of our parishes.



This was the last one I led before I retired from Saint Meinrad. This dialogue was one of my favorite things to do. They learned much from each other which was the point of the dialogues.



This is Kirt Prospere, a seminarian from the Diocese of Bridgetown, Barbados.
It was because of him that I met his bishop, Bishop Jason Gordon. Because of Bishop Gordon, I got involved in the Caribbean missions and started the Catholic Second Wind Guild for retired priests, bishops and professional lay people.



The internationalization is reflected in our local church as this poster proves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment