Thursday, March 9, 2017

HEALTH MAINTENANCE AND FIGHTING OFF ENTROPY


"Please make sure your seat belt is fastened. 
We're beginning our initial descent." 
a typical flight attendant


IF YOU DON'T LAUGH, YOU CRY!
I HAVE DECIDED TO LAUGH!

Entropy is the spontaneous and unremitting tendency in the universe toward disorder unless there is an opposing force working against it. People, like homes, when they are left alone fall into decay. Even fruits and vegetables, unless something is done to “preserve” them, start to rot! 


"The trouble with beauty, it's the maintenance that kills you!"
Blanch on "The Golden Girls"



All my life I have been healthy. I was hospitalized in the third grade for a kidney infection caused by bad tonsils. I had them removed in a clinic. Other than that, the only time I went to the doctor for about 44 years was for routine physical exams till I was hospitalized for rotator cuff surgery in 2010 and a blood clot in 2013.

About the blood clot hospitalization. Man did I ever dodge a bullet! I almost got on a plane to France with it.
If I had, I would probably have died on that plane. Again, I took a "selfie," drove myself to the hospital, stayed three days and drove myself home. I only told one person. I didn't want visitors. How's that for independence? My sisters threw a fit.

I am in really good shape for 73, but now I have an internist, a dermatologist, an ophthalmologist, a periodontist, a dentist, a urologist, a hemotologist and a gastroenterlogist.

I am almost embarrassed to go to the drug store without a mask and floppy hat.

My former internist summed up what I hear from all of them when he said, "Well, I didn't find anything, but I will keep looking until I do!






This is a "selfie" I took for my family when I had the flu and wanted to die! I am waving "goodbye."
Obviously, I recovered and didn't need it.


















No comments:

Post a Comment