Monday, May 1, 2017

EVEN COWBOYS NEED RETREATS



LET THE 2017 PRIEST RETREATS BEGIN

NEXT UP 

Diocese of Great Falls - Billings, Montana
Rev. Ronald Knott
May 1-5, 2017



Bishop Michael William Warfel



Billings, Montana


I have led over one hundred priest retreats in eight countries, but this one promises to be a unique experience.
I am very much looking forward to it.


No, this is not a regional gathering of Montana priests! However, I do have some boots and a cowboy hat somewhere in my closet. I am thinking about dusting them off and wearing them out there on the plane. In preparation for this priest retreat, I am reading a little book entitled:

Don't Squat With Yer Spurs On
A Cowboy's Guide to Life
by
Texas Bix Bender



Like cowboys, most of the priests work alone and are responsible for many miles of open country.
Running a parish is sometimes not unlike herding cattle.



3% of Yellowstone National Park is situated in this diocese.






No comments:

Post a Comment