Monday, July 17, 2017

"EXTRA CRISPY TIME" AGAIN


CARIBBEAN MISSIONS HERE I COME





HOPEFULLY ARRIVING TONIGHT  
IN 
SAINT VINCENT AND THE GRENADINES

TRIP NUMBER SEVEN
July 17-26, 2017





Trip before last, the cook was off so I had a KFC lunch two days in a row with the local deacon candidates - unforgivable!



This location of  KFC in downtown Kingstown, SVG,  is the place to eat on Sundays. Notice how big it is! The busiest KFC in the world, however, is the next island over in Trinidad!



This is not the real Colonel Sanders, but actor George Hamilton who is famous for his dark suntans - so famous for his "burned to a crisp suntans" that KFC drafted him for their "extra crispy" commercials.



THE TOMB OF THE REAL COLONIAL SANDERS, FOUNDER OF KFC, NEAR MY HOUSE
Maybe I should pay a visit and pray for a safe trip before going down to get "extra crispy" again?



I always have to go through the Barbados Airport (shown here) before going on over to St. Vincent.
This time, I am going through St. Lucia as a practice run for trip eight in September when I lead their priest retreat, but I still  have to make a one-hour stop again in Barbados. I have learned to dread this airport.



A typical side-of-the-volcano scene.



The stunning view from the Pastoral Centre looking toward the island of Bequia.



Fergal, myself and Martin
The Three Musketeers of Volunteers




I am looking forward to a few gin and tonics on the deck after a hard day of "volunteering!"



Come to think of it, after a few gin and tonics, I'll probably be in the mood for some of Collitta's famous "chicken feet soup."




No comments:

Post a Comment