Tuesday, February 6, 2018

PROPHETIC STATEMENTS


THE POWER OF ONE'S WORDS

MAY 11, 2002


On May 11, 2002, Mr. Michael Wimsatt graduated from Bellarmine University where I was serving as a Campus Minister. Here we are after the Baccalaureate Mass at Saint Agnes Church, across the street from Bellarmine University. 

I said to this young man, who had not thought very much about going to the seminary at this point (and besides he was from the Owensboro Diocese), "Someday you will be taking my place!" 

Sixteen years later, he is both Pastor of the Cathedral of the Assumption and Vocation Director for the Archdiocese of Louisville - two of my old jobs at once!

How's that for a "prophetic statement?"



Dr. J. McGowen, former President of Bellarmine, said to me on the steps of the Cathedral when I was pastor there, "Someday you will be working at Bellarmine." I laughed because it had never crossed my mind for a second.

A year after I left my position as pastor of the Cathedral, I found myself the Campus Ministry priest at Bellarmine, where I stayed for seventeen years!

How's that for a "prophetic statement."   

No comments:

Post a Comment