Tuesday, March 6, 2018

IN SESSION - PARISH MISSION - SAINT JOHN PAUL II - LOUISVILLE

INITIAL REPORT

FIRST NIGHT- FULL HOUSE


The parish advertised us in front of the church for a couple of weeks. 
I do these Parish Missions to support my volunteer work in the Caribbean missions. 


Our gospel music group - REFLECTIONS - did a great job on the first night. 


Our little booklet of gospel songs. The people really sang their hearts out. It's what happens when Catholics are given music they like to sing. 


THANKS TO SHARON HIBBS FOR THE FOLLOWING PHOTOS



With my long-time friend, Christine, who was the organization person behind the Mission. 



With pastor, Father Bill Burkes.




Music rehearsal with people still coming in. 



Hymn books, anyone? 



Still more people coming in!



I met old classmates from St, Thomas Seminary (1958-1964), distant relatives, people I had baptized many years ago, old Cathedral parishioners, grown children of parishioners from Marion County and many, many fans of my old column in The Record.



Let the Mission begin!  
Someone has to replace Rev. Billy Graham!
 I am doing my part! 




AS THE MISSION CONTINUES,  I WILL BE ADDING PICTURES FOR THE NEXT TWO NIGHTS, SO REVISIT THIS POST FOR UPDATES! 



NIGHT TWO - ANOTHER FULL HOUSE







REFLECTIONS - Our gospel music group.  They were a hit all three nights! 



We had great lectors both nights. 





On the altar are two Caribbean baby dolls to remind people what the collection was going to - Bread of Life Home for Children and Saint Benedict Home for Children in the Caribbean island country, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, where I volunteer. 
I have collected similar dolls for this coming Christmas, but I gave these two to Chris and Elaine for helping me organize this mission. 


MORE PHOTOS FROM TONIGHT'S FINAL NIGHT



Another full house!



Third trip down the isle.



I gave the pastor, Father Bill Burkes, one of my Caribbean baby dolls as a reminder of the mission and where the proceeds were going. 




I have a lot of fans from my column in The Record. The books went like hot cakes! I think I sold 175 books the last night! 

                      

The two parishes had a very nice dessert spread in the parish hall. 



Hey, don't you dare tell my doctor I am eating all this sugar! I preached hard ! I deserve a few brownies, a slice of pie and a small piece of cheese cake! 

No comments:

Post a Comment