Wednesday, May 30, 2018

BACK UP TO CANADA AGAIN - SECOND TIME IN A MONTH - PART 2


MORE OF THE GREAT PRIESTS OF THE DIOCESE OF LONDON, 
ONTARIO, CANADA, ON MY RETREAT




Getting Started


















One of Many Prayer Times During the Week






WHY DO I DO ALL THIS TRAVEL AND LEAD ALL THESE PRIEST RETREATS AND PARISH MISSIONS?

1.To help energize the faith of our people with happy gospel music and powerful preaching. 

2. To help inspire priests to work together as a team with their bishops to deliver higher quality spiritual leadership to their people.

3. To earn money for the missions of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines by leading these priest retreats and offering parish missions back home.

4. I am trying to live simply in my retirement on my social security,  my diocesan pension and what I have saved, while spending some of my time doing extra work to help some of the poor Catholic dioceses in the Caribbean, especially the Diocese of Kingstown in the poor country of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.  




I WILL BE MAKING TRIP # 10 
June 20 - 28,

It will be a very busy trip  

I will be offering a retreat for the deacons and their wives. I will fill in for a priest who had a stroke with three of his Sunday Masses. 
I will help prepare for the kids computer camp we will be sponsoring in July. 
I will visit the two orphanages I like to support and take them some snacks. 
I will have a serious planning meeting with the bishop about future projects and needs. 
I hope to have another meeting with the Minister of Health about another shipping container of surplus medical supplies. 
I am trying to leave a few hours open to meet some new people and for God to surprise me! 



AND HOW ABOUT YOU?


You may not be able to go with me in person, but you can support the cause. I go in all our names. 
If you are interested in knowing more about how you can help, contact me. 





I keep an eye on all the money we send down to make sure it is used wisely and properly. 
I try not to make them dependent on me, but independent.
I expect them to express gratitude to donors in a timely way. 
It is our policy to help strengthen  the institutions that help the many (orphanages, hospitals, schools, nursing homes, computer camps for kids, the diocesan centre and parishes), rather than help only a few individuals. 


If you can help, I will add it to what I earned this week in Canada. I will make sure it gets to the right place. 
Every bit helps!
Every bit you give to them gives me energy to keep going!



I thank the Diocese of London, Ontario for their generous
stipend for this week's retreat, which I will turn over to my mission projects.




FOR TAX DEDUCTIONS
make check out to:
St. Bartholomew Church SVG MISSIONS

and send to me

Father Ronald Knott
1271 Parkway Gardens Court
#106
Louisville, KY 40217

1-502-303-4571
jrknott@bellsouth.net


No comments:

Post a Comment