Thursday, July 19, 2018

I OWE THEM SO MUCH - SO DID ALI


Some Old Photos As I Remember Them 
SISTERS OF CHARITY OF NAZARETH



Mother Catherine Spalding SCN, Foundress



Some of today's Sisters remembering the old days and the old ways. 















Before he became Muhammad Ali

He charmed a nun who ran the library at what is now Spalding University, across the street from the gym where he trained. Sister James Ellen Huff of the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth gave him a job dusting so he could make a little money. She said she liked his “zest.” Sometimes she would return from dinner with a snack for him before he went to train. Once she returned and found him asleep on a long library table. After the world came to know him, she put a sign over the table that read, “Cassius Slept Here.”


I am simply amazed at all the good they have done - before I was born and in my life time!

I am even more amazed at what they are doing today around the world and here at home! 

They will always have a very special place in my heart! 

No comments:

Post a Comment