Tuesday, March 19, 2019

EVEN WITH THE BEST OF INTENTIONS.....


.....I'M STILL FLUNKING

 "RETIREMENT" 


Besides regular Masses at the Cathedral, posting regularly on this blog, presiding at funerals and attending to other normal obligations, I have the following "major events" on the calendar - some of them week-long events.  It's still early in the year, so I need to start saying "no" before my calendar fills up! It's still March, for God's sake! 

My problem is that I like doing more than is actually good for a 75 year old priest. As Jesus says in the Gospel of Matthew, "The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak!" I hope I can do well all the things I am committed to this year! I need to pace myself, but I have never been good at that. I tend to go and go till I get sick and have to stop. Praying for good health is always at the top of my list these days. 



Regional Parish Mission at Saint Brigid Church in Vine Grove, Kentucky, March 11-13

Inter-Diocesan Parish Mission at Holy Family Church in Louisville, Kentucky, March 25-27


Mission Trip Number Twelve to Saint Vincent and the Grenadines March 30 - April 6. 


My 75th Birthday - April 28


Clergy Conference for Diocese of Grand Island, Nebraska, April 28 - May 1.

Visitor from Ireland - May 18 - 25

Priest Retreat
Diocese of Crookston, Minnesota, June 9 - 13. 


Presentation on Preaching at the Notre Dame University Preaching Conference, June 25. 


Visitors from Germany, August 1 - 13. 


Priest Convocation, Diocese of Belleville, Illinois, September 9 - 11


Priest Convocation, Diocese of Pembroke, Ontario, Canada, October 21 - 24. 


Tentative Mission Trip Number Thirteen to Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, December 7 -14


Blue Christmas Mass for the Grieving, Holy Family Church, December 24





SO HERE'S WHAT I REALLY THINK

No comments:

Post a Comment