Sunday, September 22, 2019

I'VE BEEN INVITED BACK BY THE DIOCESE OF SAGINAW

TODAY I WILL BE FLYING UP TO MICHIGAN
A RETURN TRIP TO THIS DIOCESE AFTER ELEVEN YEARS


ANNUAL SAGINAW PRIEST CONVOCATION
September 23 - 26, 2019

I was last there in mid-May, 2008, when Bishop Robert J. Carlson (now Archbishop of Saint Louis) was the bishop of the diocese. His successor,, Bishop Joseph Cistone, died of cancer this past October at age 69. The diocese has been through a lot this past year or two. I hope I can bring a little hope and comfort to the priests while I am there. 

                                                       

former Bishop Joseph Cistone, deceased
May he rest in Peace!



Bishop Robert Gruus, present Bishop of Saginaw


Diocese of Saginaw, Michigan


Saginaw Cathedral. 




Boyne Mountain Resort
Boyne Falls, Michigan

This is where we will be meeting. It is on the other side of the state from Saginaw.
Since it is mid-September there, it should something like this! I will be flying into  nearby Traverse City through Chicago. Details to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment