Tuesday, November 12, 2019

SAY A PRAYER FOR GOOD OLD SANTA!

Unfortunately, Santa is held up in Ireland waiting for a health clearance to return to Saint Vincent and the Grenadines in time for Christmas. Say a prayer for him because he has work to do and the kids of Saint Vincent are anxiously awaiting his return. 



The kids will be scrubbed and dressed again this Christmas, after praying for Santa's return and thanking God for all their Christmas blessings.  


After Santa returns to the islands, he will "make his rounds" to the Saint Benedict Home for Children and the Diocesan Christmas Festival. 

In preparation for his return to the islands, I have been working very hard (like an obsessive-compulsive elf) to help him be prepared to give out presents to the kids when he gets back down there. Some wonderful support-elves have been stepping up to the plate to help me, thank God! 

So far, I have gathered some things 
like dark-skinned dolls, toy trucks and cars, plush animals, insulated lunch bags, @50 pounds of "on sale" Halloween candy, several cases of snack food for school lunches, school supplies and many other useful items. 

There are a lot of kids on the five inhabited islands. I try to cover the main island of Saint Vincent for Christmas and the four populated outer islands for Easter. I have already sent six large boxes for Christmas and I am working on four more. 

I have also picked up three more good used laptops for this coming summer's Kids Computer Camp and waiting for my elf-partner, Bill Kolodey, to pick up a couple more at the Black Friday sales.  



"The Elf-Central Sorting and Packing Station"
(my garage)


CHRISTMAS MADE "BEARABLE"



Dr. Paul Kelty brought me 40 bears this past Sunday. 
They will be a real hit with the little kids! 


A BROKEN SLIDE REQUEST
Sister Nyra Anne, the Carmelite Sister who runs the orphange on Saint Vincent, sent a request for a "slide" to replace the broken one. The "house" is still intact, but the plastic slide itself is cracked and dangerous. 
I was not very sure I could find what she needed, but through the intercession of Saint Nicholas and from the photos she sent, I think I found a perfect match at WALMART for $99.00! 
I hope all those parents out there, who are looking for that "rare" requested toy, have the same luck! Ask Saint Nicholas to help?


Walmart Photo



STILL A LITTLE WAY TO GO

I hope to have gathered a few more things, and the money to cover all this shipping, in the next couple of weeks so that I can have all the Christmas gifts down there before the Diocesan Christmas Festival on December 13th. Wish me luck! 




IF YOU WANT TO HELP WITH THIS YEAR'S CHRISTMAS PROJECT OR OTHER MISSION PROJECTS

make your tax deductible check payable to:

Saint Bartholomew Church - SVG Mission Fund 

and send to me: 

Rev. Ronald Knott
1271 Parkway Gardens Court
#106
Louisville, KY 40207




I'll be going down myself this March to offer a workshop for the priests, deacons and lay leaders. Bishop County and Fergal are scheduled to come up here for my 50th anniversary in May. Another group of volunteers is going down again this summer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment