Tuesday, January 21, 2020

A HUMOROUS THOUGHT


I'M WITH YOU, MARK TWAIN! 






Under certain circumstances, urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.
Mark Twain

There ought to be a room in every house to swear in. It's dangerous to have to repress an emotion like that.
Mark Twain


I don't have a room in my house where I can "let it out," that's why I own a car! It's private in there. The windows are rolled up. The radio is on. Nobody can hear me, but me. I hold my head down in case somebody can read lips. I hope God understands that sometimes I need a little of the "relief" that Mark Twain wrote about so eloquently! 

Are you shocked? 
Well, get over it! 
I don't care if you approve or not! 
I'm retired! I'm old! I don't need permission! 
It's the cheapest therapy I know of! 
It has helped me through many a tough spot!
I think it may even be an inherited condition! 
I always feel much better afterwards! 
Besides, when I am finished, I usually go back to trying to be pious!

No comments:

Post a Comment