Friday, August 14, 2020

MY IDEA OF HEAVEN





"You've got to get a little bit of heaven while you're here!"

"Rev Ike" a deceased former flamboyant TV "prosperity gospel" preacher.


This is certainly not the island of Saint Vincent, but it could possibly be one of those smaller islands further down the chain in the Grenadines. 

I hope to take an actual "vacation" in such a place down there before my days of volunteering in Saint Vincent are over! I would like to experience something other  than the frantic hustle and bustle, the traffic and the noise, of downtown Kingstown. I would love to see, not just the good people of crowded Saint Vincent, but the natural beauty of an almost empty outer island.
   
Oh how I would love to walk for hours on a wide, white-sand beach, eat wonderfully prepared and freshly-caught seafood, drink a few gin and tonics, sleep with the sound of ocean waves lapping the shore line and feel a nice breeze coming through open windows! 

I would hope there would be no pounding music coming from an outdoor  bar down the beach, no raucous, loud-mouthed party goers up half the night making sure everyone hears them, ruining that heavenly peace and quiet!  

Just give me a chair, somewhere off by itself, shaded by a palm tree, with nothing but the sound of waves, the warmth of the sun, the comfort of a gentle breeze, the cry of a bird or two flying overhead and the smell of blooming flowers floating in the air! 

After a long walk and a short nap, bring me a nice gin and tonic, with plenty of ice and a slice of fresh lime, in a tall glass. No, on second thought, while you are up bring two - about thirty minutes apart. Don't say anything, just leave the drinks, let me be and let me to pray the words of this old gospel hymn! Allow me, in the words of "Rev. Ike," to taste a "little bit of heaven while I'm here!"


HEAVENLY SUNLIGHT

Walking in sunlight all of my journey
Over the mountains, through the deep vale
Jesus has said, I'll never forsake thee
Promise divine that never can fail

Heavenly sunlight, Heavenly sunlight
Flooding my soul with glory divine
Hallelujah, I am rejoicing
Singing His praises, Jesus is mine

Shadows around me, shadows above me
Never conceal my Savior and Guide
He is the light, in Him is no darkness
Ever I'm walking close to His side

Heavenly sunlight, Heavenly sunlight!
Flooding my soul with glory divine
Hallelujah, I am rejoicing
Singing His praises, Jesus is mine

In the bright sunlight, ever rejoicing
Pressing my way to mansions above
Singing His praises, gladly I'm walking
Walking in sunlight, sunlight of love

Heavenly sunlight, Heavenly sunlight
Flooding my soul with glory divine
Hallelujah, I am rejoicing
Singing His praises, Jesus is mine

Heavenly sunlight, Heavenly sunlight
Flooding my soul with glory divine
Hallelujah, I am rejoicing
Singing His praises, Jesus is mine
Singing His praises, Jesus is mine

Source: Musixmatch
Songwriters: Cook / Zelley




No comments:

Post a Comment