Friday, March 26, 2021

I COULDN'T FORGET THE KIDS!

 THREE HUNDRED EASTER EGGS FOR THE ISLAND KIDS

Even though I have dissolved the CATHOLIC SECOND WIND GUILD after six years and have needed to step back drastically from my involvement in the Caribbean Missions of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, I could not let Easter come and go without thinking of the kids. For years, I usually sent Easter baskets and the contents to fill them. This year, I sent 300 plastic eggs, 30 pounds of candy. 300 small toys and enough money to put three East Caribbean dollar coins (amounting to $1.00 in our currency) in each egg. These will be given out in the parishes on four islands on Easter Sunday. 

Kimberly (above) and Catherine (taking the photo) are my helpers with this project. They are always there to help me. I so appreciate both of them. Just think how much work it is to assemble 300 plastic eggs with candy, a small toy and three coins! (Notice the bags of coins in the top left corner of the picture below.) The kids have had a tough year, so I hope these eggs bring a little joy! 





No comments:

Post a Comment