Thursday, July 15, 2021

SIMPLY AMAZED - FOREVER GRATEFUL - HOME AT LAST


CATHOLIC CHILDHOOD MEMORIES REVISITED

Now that I am totally involved in my latest "closer to home" project - renovating my old Saint Theresa (grade) School and turning it into a new Saint Theresa Family Life Center - down in my home parish of Saint Theresa of Avila in Meade County (founded in 1818), my mind is constantly flooded with memories from my Catholic upbringing. 

As I review the historical articles of that sacred place, look at the church grounds and walk through the school, it is indeed a trip back in time with reminders everywhere of Latin Masses, First Communions, First Confessions, First Fridays, Catechism Lessons, Benediction Services, Parish Missions, former pastors, other vocations from the parish and the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth who taught there for 123 years. 


Going Home Lyrics
Antonin Dvorak

Goin' home. Goin' home. I'm a-goin' home. 
Quiet-like some still day, I'm just goin' home. 
It's not far, just close by, through an open door. 
Work all done, cares laid by, goin' to roam no more; 
Mother's there 'expecting me, father's waiting, too, 
Lots of folks gathered there, all the friends I knew. 

Morning star lights the way, restless dream all done. 
Shadows gone, break of day, real life just begun. 
There's no break, there's no end, just a-living on; 
Wide awake, with a smile, going on and on. 
Going home. Going home, I'm just going home. 
It's not far, just close by, through an open door.

CHURCH HYMNS FROM MY CHILDHOOD







THIS NEW PROJECT IS "PAY-BACK TIME" FOR ME

"From whom much is given, much is expected." 
Luke 12:48 


(To complete this project, I really need others with roots in Saint Theresa to join me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment