Tuesday, October 12, 2021

A CURIOUS WAY TO FRY CHICKEN AT A PARISH FUND-RAISER

 IS PARISH FUND-RAISING THIS DESPERATE DOWN IN NELSON COUNTY? 

I found this photo on the the internet. It came up one day when I was looking for some images for my blog.  I didn't know if an actual "satanic exorcism" had been scheduled or "Satanic Exorcism" was just the name of a country music band booked for the picnic. When it comes to chicken, I have heard of "deep fried," "air fried," but never "deviled fried!" 

My first question was, "Do they recommend the "regular" or the "hot and crispy" fried chicken? Either way, for an inexpensive meal and scary entertainment, this sounded like more fun than BINGO any day!

My second question was,  "Are those people onto something there as far as new ways to raise funds for the parish or is this just another sad case of "animal cruelty" that needed to be reported to the Archbishop?

My third question was, "Why hadn't The Record covered this event?"

After I did some more research, I was relieved to find out that it was just an old 1942 photograph that had been "photo shopped" recently as a joke. It just goes to show you that you cannot trust a lot you see on the internet! However, I will probably think twice about going to a chicken dinner at a local parish, especially if they only charge .50 cents for "all you can eat!"  That in itself is a devilishly suspicious temptation!


No comments:

Post a Comment