Thursday, December 23, 2021

ANTICIPATION



I can still remember that Christmas - probably 1949 - when I woke up on Christmas Day literally shaking with anticipation of what I would find under the Christmas tree. Back then, all it took was one toy, a small bag of candy and some fruit to concentrate the anticipation of Christmas in my little brain to the point that my body shook and trembled all over. 

In Rhodelia, back then, we had very little so something that "special" could do that to me. I can't remember ever experiencing such an intense emotion like that since then. I guess that is what happens when a person goes through life with "too much." They lose the ability to experience that intense thrill of anticipation that goes with receiving something "special." 

SIMPLE CAN STILL BE SPECIAL



SPEAKING OF CHILDREN
THIS WAS, BY FAR, MY FAVORITE CHRISTMAS CARD OF THE SEASON
(I Love It When Children Tell the Truth)

It never hurts for a 10 year old boy to butter-up Santa Claus a little bit! 
In the country, we called it "greasing the skids!" 


OF COURSE, HE GOT ANOTHER SPECIAL CHRISTMAS PRESENT!

THIS YEAR, I NICKNAMED HIM 
"MY LITTLE BROWN-NOSED REINDEER!" 




No comments:

Post a Comment