Saturday, May 7, 2022

THE BENEFITS OF PRIEST RETIREMENT - NUMBER SEVEN

 

A TIME TO DEVELOP THE ABILITY TO SAY "NO"
I Am Not That Good At It Yet, But I Am Working On It


One of the surprising things about retirement is how "busy" I am. However, it's a different kind of "busy." I am free to do more of the things I like to do and less of the things I never liked to do! 

When I was in "active ministry" or "full time ministry," I felt obligated to go to every scheduled priest meeting, to perform every Sacrament on demand and to answer immediately every phone call and text message request that came in! 

Don't get me wrong, I believe that I am still very much in "active ministry" or "full-time ministry," but I feel much freer at 78 to set my own pace and make my own decisions whether it be a "yes" or a "no."


 



No comments:

Post a Comment