Thursday, June 9, 2022

MY FASCINATION WITH ROCKING CHAIRS

Rock away my troubles, rock away my cares
Oh, I found peace and comfort in that easy rockin' chair
I feel just as wealthy as a millionaire
When I get back to Dixie in that easy rockin' chair.

Everyone, your neighbors welcome on the mare
Just sittin', doin' nothin' and not too much of they're
Thumbin' through the good book, thinkin' of a prayer
I rock my way to heaven in that easy rockin' chair.

Rockin' free and easy, times are passin' by
And readin' the evenin' paper till I swat this pesty fly
There I go a dozin', guess it's in the air
I gotta do some dreamin' in that easy rockin' chair.

Rock away my troubles, rock away my cares
Oh, I found peace and comfort in that easy rockin' chair
I feel just as wealthy as a millionaire
When I get back to Dixie in that easy rockin' chair...

Eddie Arnold 
1947

Taken at the Memphis Priest Retreat - Pickwick Landing State Park, Tennessee

 
Taken at the Scranton Priest Retreat - Skytop Lodge, Pocono Mountains, Pennsylania

The rocker my mother used to rock me to sleep in as a child in Rhodelia, Kentucky

We hope to have 20 rocking chairs on the porch of our new Saint Theresa Family Life Center in Rhodelia for people to sit in and pray, or just to talk, when it is finished by October 15, 2022

It's not too late to  donate to our rocking chair project in honor of a special someone from St. Theresa (or anywhere) - a Sister of Charity teacher, a lay teacher, a Sister, Brother or priest who came from the parish, a former pastor, a parent or grandparent, a parishioner, a neighbor, any relative or friend. Once all of the porch rocking chairs are paid for, any surplus will go to the rectory restoration fund. We hope to put a couple more rocking chairs in the renovated rectory that we hope to use for visiting clergy and for a retreat house.   

$100.00
or whatever amount you wish to give

St. Theresa Family Life Center
9245 Rhodelia Road
Payneville, KY 40157

or

Rev. Ronald Knott
Payable to: St. Theresa Family Life Center
1271 Parkway Gardens Court
#106
Louisville, Ky 40217




 


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment