Friday, November 3, 2023

ALL THE LUMBER YOU NEED FOR A WHOLE HOUSE IN ONE LOAD

KNOTT'S SUPPLY, INC.
Rhodelia, Kentucky


My youngest brother, Mark, bought and took over my father's building material business (Knott's Supply) in Rhodelia where I was born and raised. I used to help load, unload and deliver truck loads of building materials like these especially during summer breaks when I was in St. Thomas Seminary from 1958-1964. Thankfully, trucks back then were not as big as this one. 

Under my youngest brother, Mark, the business has greatly expanded and the trucks have gotten bigger and more numerous. As the oldest son in our family, lucky for me and my youngest brother Mark, that I had no interest in running such a business!  We are both satisfied with where we have landed in life, but share the same drive that we inherited from our father - except in two different areas of life: he in business and me in ministry! 

No comments:

Post a Comment