Tuesday, August 11, 2026

AMAZING FACT: A NEW YOU EVERY FIVE YEARS OR SO!

I have been proud to say that I have tried to re-invent myself every few years as my work situation changes over time and I take on something new. I would say I have done it at least 10 times so far - and at least three times since I have retired in 2015. 

What I didn't know is the fact that every five years or so I get a new body to go with it! Here is a detail about my physical body that I heard a long time ago, but did not realize how often it happens! Here is an amazing fact I read about on a health and wellness website on the internet the other day. 

"Every five years or so, the human body basically does a Ship of Theseus. That is to say, within that time, every single cell in your body is replaced with new cells. So you are not the person you were seven years ago. You have all the same memories, scars, and you have the same DNA, but you are made up of completely different body parts."

The only problem with that fact is that I may have completely different body parts, one cell at a time, but my body keeps looking older and older, not to mention, weaker and weaker! 

No comments:

Post a Comment