Tuesday, September 1, 2026

SOCIAL TECHNOLOGY WITHOUT THE WISDOM TO HANDLE IT WELL

 

In a world where scrolling through memes and sharing vacation selfies has become second nature, social technology emerges as the hero of human connection. It’s not just about posting pictures of your lunch on Instagram; it’s a powerful force reshaping how people interact, collaborate, and build communities. Imagine a digital playground where friendships blossom, ideas flourish, and even your grandma can master video calls—now that’s social technology in action! All good! However, there is very little said about the responsibility (even morality) to use this technology well! 

Like all new technology, there is an upside and a downside! Yes, it certainly can bring people closer together, but it also can drive people further apart. This blog is deliberately called "An Encouraging Word" for a reason. When I started it, I decided that I did not want to condemn "evils and sins," but rather to affirm "virtue and goodness!" I can only hope that I have been somewhat successful!

One of the "social technologies" that I do not use, is Facebook! I am sure it has its upsides, but I do not use it because it seems so often to be abused by people who like to gossip, intimidate, tear down and pass on untruths without much thought about how their words will affect others! Yes, I may be wrong about the actual percentage of users who use it unwisely. If so, I stand corrected!  However, I do know that, like other social media, it has its upsides and downsides. My only suggestion is that, if you use it, use it wisely, thoughtfully and for "good" by paying close attention to the contents of the graphics at the top of this blog!  

No comments:

Post a Comment