Tuesday, September 22, 2026

OLD AGE - IF YOU DON'T LAUGH, YOU CRY

As many of you, my age or older, know - short-term memory can be problematic. For me, it seemed to be one of the first signs of aging. Even when I turned 80, I didn't feel old. Some people (usually those polite enough and really good at lying to my face) said I didn't look my age, but I started to notice that I could not recall some people's names, restaurant names and street names as fast as I could in the past. Most of the time, the names will come to me if I stop and pause for a minute or two! OK...maybe it will sometimes take an hour or two! 

When I mentioned it to my doctor at my annual physical earlier this year, he laughed it off and told me that it was a "normal part of aging," after I asked if I was headed toward dementia. I can't remember a thing he said after that, deciding not to mention how fast the days and weeks seem to be flying by compared to years ago, thinking it might be better to "let sleeping dogs lie!" 

However, to relieve my worries, he did recommend a shot!   

  
 
 


 


 


 


 


 







No comments:

Post a Comment