Thursday, April 28, 2016

SEVENTY-TWO AND GOING STRONG







Father Who? 
Father Not? 
No, Father Knott! 

At 72, God gives you a very special birthday gift!
It's called "denial!" 












FINALLY, WHAT'S A BIRTHDAY WITHOUT A MOTHER?



Thanks, Mom! We both almost died when I was born, but we both made it! You may have died in 1976 with breast cancer when you were only fifty-eight and I was thirty-two - forty years ago - but today I want you to know again, on my seventy-second birthday, what a wonderful mother and a good friend you were to me! Who knew when this picture was taken at my First Mass in 1970 that you would be gone six years later? I still feel the loss, but I have no regrets. We both have the certain knowledge that we loved each other the best we could all our lives.
Thank you! Thank you!

SPEAKING OF MOTHERS AND CHILDREN

This is a shot of the latest goose family on the pond in front of my house. Pictured are four of the seven new goslings this year.

They are cute till the grow up. Once grown, they start honking about 4:30 in the morning and honk on and off most of the day. They are loud and dirty. Thank God we don't usually walk on the grass on that side of the condo complex.
Even though they used to migrate back to Canada in the summer, because of climate change they seem to stay all year. I was corrected when I was in Canada. They are not "Canadian geese." They are "Canada geese."


No comments:

Post a Comment